[Harp-L] Are there pro harp players who do not know theory?

As you guys probably have figured out, I am a big believer in what I
consider to be very basic music theory as important to reaching high
levels of playing.  Every now and then I teach a student who wants
nothing to do with it and we reach a type of compromise with the
lesson plans.

I have worked with a student for three years who is now a fairly
famous harp player.  He was not into theory and we spent lots of time
with him imitating me by ear.  Yet nowadays, 10 years of him playing
in clubs later, he'll still say he knows nothing about theory but he
will speak in context using theory terms.

Are there any pros on the list who really can honestly say they do not
know what I am talking about when I say:

Major scale
Blues Scale
Minor
flat 3rds
the circle of fifths
1st, 2nd and third positions
the 12 bar blues progression
I, IV , V chords
half steps and whole steps

If so, what type of music do you play?  How do you think about what
you are doing?  Is there any kind of music you have a difficult time
playing?  How do you find which harp to play for the key the band is
in?

And for those people into theory, what other theory concepts do you
believe are so crucial that you cannot communicate with other
musicians or make good note choices without them?
Thanks in advance,
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com