[Harp-L] no line out on amp-monitor solution

Earlier this week I was asking about in line monitors.  The situation I am
looking to solve is I have a jam I'd like to play at, but they play rock and
the 3 or so guitars seem to all vie to see who can be the loudest.  I've
seen some harp players go up and be inaudible.  I've come to the conclusion
I will need to take my biggest amp, but I'm not sure I will be able to hear
myself play, and if I get in front of my big amp, it's feedback city.   I
had spoken with a fellow harp player and he mentioned an in line monitor
that would let me plug in my headphones and listen to what I'm playing
without being drowned out by the loud guitar players.  Some of the
suggestions I got, got me to thinking and I did some experimentation.  I
found I could use the digitech RP that I already have (no additional
expense, except maybe another cable, yea!) and I can run the headphone jack
to my little VOX DA-20 amp and use it as a monitor, while still outputting
the signal to my larger amp, or, of course I can use some headphones and
deal with a cable attached to me.  I plugged the headphone line into the
microphone input of the VOX, I'm not sure I could use the instrument jack,
but I don't want the VOX to color the sound, in this situation, and I think
the microphone jack does not get the same treatment as the instrument jack.
I'm curious, does anyone know if the input jack on the Digitech RP for my
MP3 backing tracks gets processed or goes through the RP clean?

Bruce K Ritter

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely
word may level stress, a loving word may heal and bless.