[Harp-L] Lesson with Robert Hale

I just had a great online harmonica lesson with Robert Hale (the Duke of Wail) and wanted to post my impressions. He's a good and dedicated teacher who had excellent, concrete ideas and recommendations to help improve my playing. I hadn't done any Skype lessons before but it was fairly seamless process and definitely the next best thing to being in-person. His price was very good too, in comparison to a few others I've checked. My only caveat would be that he doesn't do or teach overblow techniques which, as someone who is interested in playing melodies, I'd like to work on. But he gave me plenty of other stuff to do, including some things I'd never considered that seemed to me astutely appropriate for my level and abilities. And he was very encouraging and a genuine nice guy to boot. Thanks Robert, I'm going to work on those suggestions!

David