Re: [Harp-L] Cadillac Records - Little Walter

Yes;
       Compared with "Three Little Words" the musical about, tin-pan alley songwriters Bert Kalmar & Harry Ruby (for one example of many)
it looks like a gritty real-life doco!
RD

>>> Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx> 13/05/2011 13:42 >>>
That shooting was pure fiction. But clips of it on Youtube got enthusiastic
thumbs up from folks who like that gangsta image.

As to LW's death, what the writers did was to combine his death with that of
Sonny Boy Williamson I, who did die (more or less) in the arms of his wife,
falling through his front door after staggering home following being stabbed in
a robbery.

And no, Leonard Chess did not die driving away from the Chess Records office
after selling the business. He lived for awhile and eventually did die of a
coronary event, but not while driving a car.

Hey, it's fiction based on reality. Bound to piss off those of us who see or
know the real people behind these dramatic characters.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa
Harmonica instructor, The Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance
Resident expert, bluesharmonica.com
Columnist, harmonicasessions.com