[Harp-L] How do you like to learn?

Michael Rubin http://michaelrubinharmonica.com/ and I talked today by webcam
about teaching harmonica. Michael has a marvelous passion for a clear path
of development, and thorough knowledge of scales and modes. We both
integrate chord-numbers and interval-numbers.

There's a sense of community in our teaching, just as we feel for the jam
setting. Specifically, there's room enough for all of us to contribute, show
our stuff, and do our best. We both see the value of getting the student out
of the house to play along with any other musician, even when they don't
feel comfortable about it.

I'm interested to know:

TEACHERS
How do you coach that brings great results? (What does not work?)
STUDENTS
What teaching style is effective to you (or not) as a learner?

Stay well
Play well

Robert Hale is the DUKE of WAIL
Distance Learning via Webcam