Re: [Harp-L] Cadillac Records - Little Walter

The name "Little Walter" also pertained to Walter Horton up til '52, who was
originally the child prodigy...when Juke broke, Horton became "Big", Jacobs
picked up the "Little". George Smith was also apparently known as Little
Walter/Walter out on the West Coast.

I can appreciate the movie makers jazzing up the story, artistically creating
scenes to 'set the stage', but this particular scenario is bizarre...there are
plenty of existing anecdotes about LW that they could have picked up on. The
music industry wasn't nationwide back then, it was pretty regional & no MTV, I
wouldn't be surprised if a lot of acts had impersonators in other areas.

Geoffrey Wright (Muddy), Eamonn Walker (Wolf)  & Mos Def (Chuck Berry) all put
in good performances, despite the inaccuracies...Adrien Brody (a puppy dog eyed,
dreamy Leonard) & Columbus Short (LW...played all his own harp don't y'know
:-o!)...er, not so much. Shame really, the least you might expect from a
professional actor is to do a little research & listen to the recorded footage.

But as has been said, this is Hollywood & personally I'm looking forward to the
sequel, with the light sabre battle between Muddy & Wolf, on hoverboards...;-)