From: tom cox <tcslim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Archives <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, May 10, 2011 3:28:39 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] tagging others in your youtube videos

I think strongly that its fine to tag other people as long as you are not
claiming to be that person, which any half decent harp player would know
straight away. Lesser known players and newcomers do it to get hits and generate
interest of course what's the problem with this? To be honest I'd take it as a
compliment, its to me citing someone as an influence and saying that you dig
there playing and want to sound a lot or somewhat like them. To me its basically
just saying that your video is in the style of and that you have been inspired
by that person. I don't know any top US players, but would like to think that
they wouldn't be too bothered by this as long as its made clear that the person
in the video is not the person in the tag.

If I had to acknowledge and officially declare every time i'd used a lick from
another player I'd be far to busy to be actually playing the thing. I think
people are far too uptight about this I'd be really interested to see what time
served players think on this issue. Besides Blues and 'etiquette' don't really
go hand and hand do they?  (thats a slight joke)

please note: I am not in any way saying  that it is right or beneficial to pass
your playing/work off as someone else's, and that it should always be made clear
who the player on the track/ video is.