Subject: [Harp-L] Ryan Suzuka with Crystal Bowersox

Very much agree with you Richard. Glad to know his name.

Here's the video showing Ryan Suzuka playing harmonica with Crystal that
night:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NDZAj9uWpP8#at=12_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NDZAj9uWpP8#at=12)

or:

http://tinyurl.com/669tljx

It made sense for Crystal to have a full-time harp player since  previously
she's played harp-in-a-rack while playing guitar and singing her own
songs. I believe those managing her post-Idol career are pushing her to  focus
more on the singing and guitar. Crystal's a wonderful  singer/songwriter. Her
'Farmer's Daughter' - a paean to her childhood  abuse especially, is
something I listen to regularly (this  particular version,written before Idol).
It's been reissued for her first major  Album, but this original is the one
which'll rip the heart out of any other  abuse survivor. Warning to those
sensitive to such issues: one 'bad' word:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eICsQLPgI2k&feature=related_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eICsQLPgI2k&feature=related)

I was also happy to see saxophonist Mindi Abair (who regularly tours with
my favourite guitarist Peter White) onstage backing other performers. Idol
seems to be featuring some really cool musicians. Unfortunately  the latest
contestant voted off is the only jazz singer/multi-instrumentalist of  this
or any year: Casey Abrams. Someone who can bring  Nat Cole's 'Nature Boy' to
today's mostly tween audiences while  playing stand-up Bass is pretty
special. I'm amazed he got this  far. One of the contestants had a harmonica
player onstage during a  recent idol performance as well, I just can't remember
which one.

Elizabeth

Message: 2