[Harp-L] Half-Valved Harp Optimization

PT's last post got me thinking, what is the best way to set reeds for valved
play? I know that overblow harps are set up a certain way (gapping, waxing,
scooping, embossing....). Does something similar apply to half valved harps?
I am also trying to get my valved bends in tune and with good tone, but it's
very tough to find the correct embousher to get these bends. It seems tough
to find good information on valved playing. Is there instructional material
around? I'm hoping that some valved harp experts will point me in the right
direction.