[Harp-L] Sonny Jr Harmonica Lessons.

I was recently in Memphis for the International Blues Challenge where I
ended up a finalist in the solo/duo division as part of an acoustic duo
called Izzy and Chris.  Although my main gig is playing acoustic harp
through a vocal mic directly into the PA I also play with a local 5 piece
blues band.  I had been using a Sonny Jr 1 4 X 8 with the band and had no
intentions of ever having to buy another amp.  While walking down Beale St I
heard this incredible sounding harp tone coming out of a bar.  I walked in
and saw the harp player was using the new Sonny Jr Super Cruncher.  As soon
as I got back to Pittsburgh I called Sonny Jr to find out about this new
amp. Three days later before Sonny Jr even received my check a UPS man was
carrying a Super Cruncher up my driveway.   I plugged it in and realized I
had just purchased the holy grail of harp amps.  Not only is the tone
amazing it is the most responsive amp I have ever played through.  You can
get nice rich clear tones or push it a little harder and make it ?crunch?.
It has more than enough volume that I don?t have to mic it in even larger
clubs. I called Sonny Jr with some questions regarding the amp and when he
returned my call the next day not only did I get the answers I needed but an
hour long harmonica lesson.  I learned more in that hour than I have through
any instructional book or You Tube video.  He is not only an exceptional
player but a great instructor as well. I am planning to take more lessons
from him in the near future.  I recommend any one looking for private
lessons to contact him. Being able to take a lesson over a speaker phone is
very convenient and makes learning easier. I also should mention that even
though I have been using the same mic with my amp for the past 8 years I got
one of Sonny Jr?s. Turner shell microphones.   It is now my favorite mic as
well.  The CM element is extremely hot and the shape of the shell fits
nicely into my smaller hands.  The volume control positioned at the back
clicks and holds its position.  A ¼ inch cord plugs directly into the bottom
and does not pull out if you happen to step on the cord.  I had just started
playing harp back 1997 when I bought the SJ1.  I had no idea about tube
substitutions microphone elements etc but Sonny Jr was always available to
answer questions and his customer service has always been outstanding.  If
you are interested in investing in a harp amp, a microphone or lessons talk
to Sonny Jr.   You won?t be disappointed.    Chris Nacy
www.izzyandchris.com