Re: [Harp-L] Sonny Boy Williamson (Help Me) ?

For the Record , Booker T & the Mgs "Green Onions" came BEFORE Help Me....so it's kinda like Sonny Boy wrote lyrics to 'Green Onions' and called it 'Help Me'...musta been before law suits came into play.-)

Best, Rob P

----- Original Message ----- From: "hazcon" <hazcon@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <dcarter@xxxxxxxxx>; "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Sonny Boy Williamson (Help Me) ?

"Green Onions" by Booker T and the MGs'
Rick
in NZ
----- Original Message ----- From: <dcarter@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 13:59
Subject: [Harp-L] Sonny Boy Williamson (Help Me) ?

Hi all, I've been listening to "Help Me" by by Sonny Boy Williamson on youtube. My question is, was there a band in the 60's that used this same exact rhythm in an instrumental? It's been bugging me for several days, but I'd swear I have heard it before. One of those deja vu kind of things.
I'm even thinking it was a California band. Thanks for any help you can give! Duane