From: "jim.alciere@xxxxxxxxx" <jim.alciere@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, March 29, 2011 7:26:47 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] positions

I don't fully understand positions. If I play Turn on your Love Light
or Jessica in second position, I'm basically playing in the same area
and the same holes as I would if I were playing in the relative minor
in 5th so I haven't changed my position--I'm in the same spot-- just
the key. And even though it's called second position, whether I play
blues or if I play Turn on Your Lovelight, I'm not in the same
spot--I'm playing different holes. When I play harp I think in terms
of the blues scale, the Allman Brothers scale, the Dylan scale, the Jr
Wells scale, and the Little Wing scale.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
  âWhat is the feeling when you're driving away from people, and they

http://www.myspace.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals
http://www.facebook.com/spaceanimals