[Harp-L] Hi there Steve

 Hi there Steve
It's been a long time since we last met. How are you doing?

It's amazing how far the world of the harmonica has come since those early days.

What do you think of the new Sydel company?

Their service set seems fairly comprehensive.

I've never tried any of their harps since the iron curtain came down, I assume that you & many others will have done.

How over all do they compare to Hohner, Huang, Herring, Tombo & Lee Oskar?

I know it's horses for courses but you what I'm asking. In a blind testing out of the box how are they in the areas of:

Relative tuning, ie are they in-tune with them selves, according to how the maker intends them to be tuned?

Response on given tones: is it even throughout. quick, slow, tight or windy?

How well do they respond to pitch alteration techniques?

How good is their after-sales support?

and any other comments that you should wish to give. Also if I have missed out any makers that one could easily buy in Europe. I'm not including one off makers. Thank you all in advance.

I would be glad of this info from as many of you who would be good enough to take part. I have NO hidden agenda, I'm only asking for my self and my students.
Yours David

--
D Priestley AKA Dr Midnight.
England's first  harmonica Guru.