Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic harp buyer questions

I prefer a 12 hole chrom to a 16 hole instrument. They are usually less
"leaky" and consequently louder, also because they are more compact, they  are
also easier to hold and to mic up.

I mostly use 12 hole  Hohner  270 Super Chromonicas, but I really  like the
CX-12, and I find the mouthpiece on that harp just fine, and it is
smoother on the lips and tongue than the 270.

Yes DO stick with a "C" chromatic to start with. My first harmonica was in
the key of "G" and I played that instrument exclusively for years... So
even now  I "think" music from a base scale of "G"... This is not ideal.

Of course the tenor IS a "C" tuned harmonica in any event. And I like that
"range" of notes very much myself.

I have tried the Suzuki chromatic, and I didn't like the sound compared to
that of a Hohner, but other folks love them...

Kind regards,

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines.

In a message dated 3/23/2011 10:19:38 A.M. Malay Peninsula Standard ,