Re: [Harp-L] A couple of questions

Dear Ken and everyone,
For more than 30 years I played tunes in minor keys on the short harp
simply playing in 2nd position... That would be using an F# harmonica to play in
 C#... It still works for me, but why not try 3rd position? using a B
harmonica  for C# minor?
A lot of musicians these days use minor key tuned harps to great effect.
The only problems I find by doing that Is that I already carry LOADS of
harmonicas to gigs, and there is a limit (for me) in the shear number of
instruments it is practical to gig with... My other problem using special  tunings
for me is that I play by ear, and I get very confused when the  notes are
not in their familiar places!
All the best,
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines

In a message dated 3/21/2011 1:04:39 A.M. Malay Peninsula Standard T,