[Harp-L] Some fine Irish players

Dear fellow Harp-l ers,

I recently found on the web a wonderful Irish Tremolo player named Henry
Creaney. As a long time player of traditional fiddle tunes, I was searching
the web particularly for tremolo harpists since I have been using tremolos
more and more. After downloading some of Henry's work from CD Baby, I found
the small label that recorded him and wrote to Dave Hynes who has been
compiling harmonica recordings. I wanted to share his response. He is a
great source for music and information about the harmonica scene in Ireland.
Below is his reply.

Hello John,
                  Lovely to hear from you. Over the past few years I have
been doing my best to meet as many Of my fellow harmonica players in
Ireland. This is an ongoing project, and a very enjoyable one. I have been
very lucky in my venture so far, having met and recorded some of Irelands
finest Harmonica players. I have 5 cd's of Irish players at the moment and
am working on another one presently.
Some info.
Irish players prefer tremolo harmonicas (solo tuned)
The Tombo 3121 is the most popular because it is very airtight
Next most popular are the Hohner echo celeste. These are pitched a bit lower
than the tombos.
Tremolo harmonicas are referred to as mouthorgans in Ireland.
All other types of harmonicas diatonics, chromatic, octave etc. are referred
to as harmonicas.
Please look up on youtube the following artists
Noel battle Irish champion harmonica player
Austin berry Irish champion harmonica player
Also I have a lot of info and photos on my website www.davesharmonicas.com
Henry creaney lives in co. Kilkenny
Here is Henrys address, I suggest you write to him
Henry creaney, Hill road, Kilmoganny, County Kilkenny, Ireland.

                                                         Hope this helps,

Dave hynes.