From: JersiMuse @ GMAIL <JersiMuse@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 'michael rubin' <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>; 'harp-l' <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Mar 9, 2011 10:39 pm
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Autumn in New York D7b5

Hello Michael,

On my version of the Real Book (5th edition), it is a "C+7" chord at this
place.
To my opinion, both are working well. But you are going to play slightly
differently depending on which choice the band makes.
On the D7b5, resolving on Gm7, you could play the "half-tone / whole tone"
scale (how do you call it in English ? The "half diminished" scale ?).
You could also chose the "Tone - Tone" scale (I definitely need to learn
scale English names ...).
The nice thing with that one is that it should work in both cases (C+7 and
D7b5).
I don't play this tune, so maybe you should verify I'm not saying stupid
things :-)

I hope that helps,

Regards,

Jerome Peyrelevade