[Harp-L] Re: Rivet Removal Tool

<quote>
Crazy Bob, what do you mean by:

> ... make sure that when you use the sharp pointed pin to "set"
> the rivet, DO NOT HAMMER IT IN!

Do not hammer what in?

Thanks again.
</quote>

The "it" is the setting pin. Mr. Romel ground it to a very fine point. Since I was learning
to use it through experimentation (without a teacher observing), I whacked the pin
pretty hard to set the rivet. The result: the setting pin got stuck in the rivet end. When
I pulled it back out, the end broke off. It takes a very light TAP to set the rivet. Don't
drive the setting pin into the rivet end.

Regards,
Crazy Bob