[Harp-L] RE: Harp-L Digest, Vol 91, Issue 9 Cable Talk "VOODO"?

------------------------------
TO:Joel
Sorry to disagree but regardless of the how, there are some easily heard
differences.  From an engineering standpoint, we could all be listening to a
synthesizer and be happy, but we are not.  Wasn't it the engineers that said
the Titanic was unsinkable?
Kidding aside, I don 't understand very much of your previous post but I am
sure you are very well schooled and experienced.  I only know what my ears
tell me, and I have heard a difference in cables doing simple a-b tests.
Could be like the Invisible Gorilla-if you don't expect to hear a
difference, you won't. I guess the scientific explanation is a difference in
quality components and design. Could it be my Miracle Ear? :)

Joel said:
Again if there is a
PERCEIVED difference audio quality, then there is a scientific explanation
and not some critics super sensitive ears...most of which, blasted theirs
out back in the '60s...I didn't and at age 72 mine still work great. I'll
refrain from commenting on the use of microphones that are 80-year old
technology for another time. :-)

Regards,
Joel