From: Rick Davis <bluesharpamps@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, 3 March, 2011 4:23:17
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Cables: Are there really any sonic differences?

There may be detectable differences for guitar players.  I don't really
know.  I've conducted casual blind tests with various cables for blues harp
- not guitar - and found it impossible for good players to distinguish
between one premium cable and another.

I suppose it is possible for "golden ear" players with exquisite control of
all other tone generators in the signal path (harp, mic, amp, etc) to
distinguish the miniscule effect a different premium cable might have on
their tone.  Good for them.  But for the rest of us (9999999.99 percent, I
suspect) any premium name-brand cable is fine.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog