Re: [Harp-L] key of low F

On 03/01/2011 11:17 PM, John Dekker wrote:
I have been learning to play in the usual major keys, in first and second position. Iâve been reading about harps in low F, and Iâm wondering if I should buy one, as I like to low keys like G. Are the low F harps easy/fun to play? What kind of songs sound good in low F? Can they be played in second position? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

i have a low F that i use in certain songs where the high F is just irritating.
i play it in second or third, depending. i love the sound of it for deep, full
chords. and if you're learning, it's a great way to refine your bending
technique on the low notes.

--
We make a living from what we get,
but we make a life from what we give.