[Harp-L] first annual tunnel of dreams music festival

Hi everyone:  You are invited to the first annual tunnel of dreams music festival August 6th from 5-9pm   It will be in our backyard - 2/3 of an acre of grass.  Bring a chair, blanket, shade tent, drinks of your choice and some food to share if you feel like it.  There won't be any refrigeration available so bring a cooler for your food/drinks.  I will have a weber gas grill that you can use.  This will be a non smoking affair so please don't smoke any cigarettes on the property.  Our dogs will eat the butts and get sick......

Now for the entertainment.  I have an incredible group of world reknowned musicians coming in from around the country.  Here is a bit of info on them.

Lewis Cowdrey- one of the founders of the Austin Texas blues scene. His band Storm had Jimmie Vaughn, Stevie Ray Vaughn, WC Clark, Lou Ann Barton, Keith Ferguson, Denny Freeman, Angelia Strehli, Lou Ann Barton, as members.  He has recorded with Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Johnny Otis and played with too many blues greats to list on this page.  Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed, Lightning Hopkins, Albert Collins, are just a few. He released a highly acclaimed record on the prestigious Antones label.  Lewis is a world class singer, guitarist, harmonica player that will blow central ohios mind.

Walter Tore- the creator of spontobeat.  Walter makes up all his words and music as he goes along. Currently he does this in a one man band format playing the drums on his feet, guitar, harp, keys, vocals, all at once.  He has played, lived with, recorded with many of the greats in blues like Lightning Hopkins, Louisiana Red, Albert Collins. Bob Dylan is a fan of his and Jimmy Carl Black was his drummer(Frank Zappa and the Mothers of invention).  Walter's blues/rock credits also would overflow this page.

Johnny Roy-  Johnny is a longtime blues guitarist/singer that hails from KY.  He has played with many blues and rock greats like Roy Buchanan, Bo Diddley, Koko Taylor, Buddy Guy, and is also a classical guitarist/instructor.   His unique jump blues style will have you dancing all night.

Katherine "steady baby" Stevens- My favorite drummer,and I have had some the worlds best in my band over the years.  She is the best kept secret in the drumming world .  Katherine hails from California where she worked with Walter Tore for many years.  She is a powerhouse that will be  holding down the beat for the night.

Invited but not confirmed yet:

Sean Carney-  Sean is Ohio's premire blues artist.  His band The Sean Carney Band won the prestigious International Blues Challenge in Memphis Tenn.  He is one of the top up and coming younger blues musicians in the world.  Most of you have probably seen him perform at festivals and clubs around here.

Mark Rubinstein- Mark and Walter have been making music together since the 80's.  A native Texan, Mark is one of the most creative musicians on the planet.  He main instruments are keyboards and accordian.  He has toured the world and now is a recording engineer instructor at OSU.  His recording engineering skills have earned him grammy and platinum records.   He has engineered on recordings by Grover Washington, Jr., Shirley Horn, Cher, Liza Minelli, Aretha Franklin, Mary J. Blige, 3LW, Judy Collins, Najee, Gerald Levert, Scarface, George Duke, Bobby Womack, Backstreet Boys, and Natalie Cole.

Bring Your Dancing Shoes and help make this first festival a memorable time.  Please feel free to invite music lovers.  There will be no charge but a tip bucket will be out to  help off set the performers travel expenses.  I feel so fortunate to have such great musicians coming in from all over the country just to have a good jam session with me!   If it rains the festival is canceled.  Parking will be somewhat limited. If you can walk or carpool it would be great!
email me at waltertore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for directions