[Harp-L] Commando Baffles

Just checking and found a mint pair of Danelectro Commando 4 x 8 baffle
boards, one still with burlap grill.. These must have come from one of the two
 White Models I owned, Eight Commando's in total from 1953 to 1959..
Guitars from  Neptune book history reports these being made first in 1954, so I
must have had  one of the first ones built, then sold in 54.. It ended up in
Canada as did a  few others, all fully restored by Tom. Bharath could very
well have one of  mine. These baffles are thicker than any other model, as
when shipped, many  times the speakers either ripped off the holes or the
baffle ripped off the  cabinet, they were that thin. These are in perfect
condition. I will look in one  spot I kept Dano knobs and whatever older parts and
would include a few if I  find them. .. I have the full color copy of the
Danelectro guitar and amplifier  manual from 1956, where the Commando sold for
$389.. Part of this true  research was finding every Dano and playing
through it at one point, many  different models of the Challenger, another key in
LW's history, many people I  have been in contact through this worldwide
endeavor have helped piece together  different aspects of what he could have
played. Things I know for Certain he  played are part of the amps I design,
and why I choose what I do for a final  product.   The schematic for the
Commando, Wards Airline model  GDR 8518A, will be scanned and put on my site, as
well as the full pics of the  last Commando I owned, the Sears model 88,
which had the Dano logo installed  over it. Will also scan the manual as well
as the memorabilia of  what I have from Sonny, the newspaper articles sent
to us the day after we  played in certain cities, noting the tension between
the two, and whatever  else.. Little at a time.
. Contact OFF LIST for Amp and speaker specials. AVENGER special for  first
few who contact. Price will never decrease, big weekend ahead. SJ