Re: [Harp-L] Subway Bob in London

Captain Bob...
love this youtube...
Playing is real solid and right in the grove!
Lucky for him you happened to have the right key....
unless you travel with a different key in each pocket....
...stealth harmonica player strategy.....

My two cents...
The video did not show the tip jar/case...etc....
When busking I always wave my hand over the opening of the harmonica...in one foot long pattern...to get the hand waver....sound...
but more importantly...it attracts a crowd......when they see the hand motion...etc...
It helped me get outside myself and connect with the busy commuters....( prior to learning that method, I hunched over and cupped the harp)
I miss the Busking...In San Francisco they make you get a permit these days...
Permits!  We don't need no stinking permits.....we got Harmonicas.....

Me thinks I picked this up after hearing a Sonny Terry interview...or something....He waves the hand....( train stations)
It works...and projection is the key...Having an attractive person carry around the hat after a song works well also...

Good luck on your new career...
just kidding...

Grant Walters
http://www.grantwaltersmusic.com