[Harp-L] Chromatic piece. Stevie/Little Walter

This was a thread the other day, the player is Pierre Lacocque, someone I
have admired since first listening back in 1991 to his unique free flowing
style. He plays SJ Super Cruncher's, they are high energy so he may use one
or  two. Here is a short history of the band, more of course can be found by
doing a  simple search. Over the 2 - 3 years of our relationship he has
always been  humble, and it looks as though we will be meeting up in September
to continue  with the impromptu invterviews/duets that it one of my focuses.
John Nemeth  stopped by on Wednesday the 27th, they tour close to 200 gigs
a year, real road  warriors. His demos will be up on the site soon. New
products will be announced  when finished and in production, again they will be
keeping with the 50's  tradition. With Miss. Heat there has been a long line
of soulful female  vocalist's, with Dietra Fahr being one of my favorites.

 History Of The  Band

TRADITIONAL BLUES WITH A UNIQUE SOUND. . . As band leader and  composer,
Pierre's vision has never wavered since he founded his band in 1991.  His
mantra is clear and focused. The band has always had an ensemble sound: all
musicians are featured and welcome to contribute on stage and on recordings.
His  music is traditional because it is steeped in Chicago's golden sounds of
the  1950's, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Jimmy Reed, Jimmy Rogers, all the
great harp  players... Big and Little Walter, The Sonny Boy Williamsons,
Junior Wells,  George Smith, and many extraordinary contemporaries such as Kim
Wilson, Rod  Piazza and Paul deLay. On the other hand, Pierre's blues is
unique because he  dislikes to tread on old beaten paths. He always writes new
stuff.

MISSISSIPPI HEAT emerged in 1991 on a night at the Cafe Lura in  Chicago.
Guitarist Jon McDonald invited Pierre to play harp for him with Robert
Covington on drums and vocals. It was a great night, with a raucous crowd in
this Polish neighborhood. Pierre looked happy, and the band played with such
inspiration that his brother Michel was drawn to say he would find gigs with
little efforts. A man of his word, Michel did find gigs for the band. He
was  wrong about the effort part, but was right about the fact that he could
manage  such a band. ... Pierre and the Heat have now finished 7 CDs (as well
as a DVD  for Delmark Records in 2005).
SJ