[Harp-L] Re: Promote your Musicial talent

The band I'm in uses Mixposure.com

Not only can you post and sell your music there they have dj's that will play your music on internet radio.
They have live chats during the shows so you can get audience feedback. Our biggest fan is from Scotland.
Through her I submitted a song I wrote several years ago for a UNICEF cd she is putting together.
Good networking.

The dj's also feature the artists on their shows with live phone in's.

We have a demo track on our page. The recording studio we are using happens to have a dj on Mixposure so we lucked out there.
The site prefers original music or at least versions you have permission to use.
We are waiting until we finish our cd later this fall to post more songs and sell our cd there.

I've found some venues operate differently then when I started playing in public in the mid 70's..
It use to be a photo and cassette tape was all that was needed to get you in a bar.
Now they want you to be out there promoting yourself to the public.
One local brewery wants to know your MySpace page and Facebook page so they can check you out to see how many
friends you have.

It took us more then a year to comfortably get our foot in the door of local clubs and on festival tickets.
We did more freebie benefit gigs the first year then pay gigs. Having a facebook page to announce our gigs and Mixposure
to promote our songs has been a big boost in our audience attendance.

Mike