Subject: Re: [Harp-L] CX-12 Tenor "C"

You've come over to 'the dark side', John! Lovely!

Is this your first CX-12? Do you think the tone is ALL from Tony's
customization or is some of it just from the uniqueness of the CX-12 instrument?  I
confess I purely my Several Cx-12's (in different keys) (while I  still
thoroughly enjoying my Super 64's), but I too have a Tenor  C which is
marvellous. It certainly needs 'tweaking' though, and I'm very  interested in just
what it is Tony's done for yours.

Going from a Renny to a CX-12 would definitely be a major difference, but
for an everyday gigging chromatic you can't beat the CX-12 line. They're a
dream  to take apart to clean (hold the shell under warm running water and
reach inside  with a dedicated soft toothbrush to clean the inside). You'll
find you'll never  have mouthpiece 'grunge' issues with this instrument as you
have with ANY other  chromatic. They simply don't exist with the CX since
it's so simple to wash  out the shell. And that one-piece slide is a marvel
of ingenuity, while also  being extremely simple to keep clean.

There IS, btw - a CX-12 'fan club' on SM. Please feel free to join us there
 <G>

Best,

Elizabeth

"Message: 2