RE: [Harp-L] Bela and Bruce

someone posted:

> These guys are touring, has anyone seen them live?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLiwpUzGyOI<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLiwpUzGyOI

Great clip- thanks - I couldn't help but notice that none of the 3 world-class musicians on stage (nor the groovy crowd) seemed to care about any of the many questionable note timbres or pitches in Mr. Levy's harmonica playing.
I was just told of a Victor Wooten quote from his book that was something to the effect of "don't let notes get in the way of the groove."
It kind of made me realize that so many of the world's instruments sound less than perfect to our Western ear, but so effin what. - go play and listen to classical musiique if you are looking for that. Howard Levy ROCKS!

Michael Peloquin
The West Coast Harmonica Summit DVD has been released:

http://www.jazzharmonicasummit.com/
http://www.amazon.com/West-Coast-Jazz-Harmonica-Summit/dp/B003UL1BPY

It was an amazing night of harmonica, and now you can witness it even if you weren’t there! Buy your copy today!
http://harpsax.com
http://www.usaharmonicas.com