Re: [Harp-L] ampeg mercury

Is it a late 50's - early 60's Mercury? I have a 1961 Ampeg Rocket which I believe is close to the same amp only with tremelo. They are very similar to a Deluxe only to me better harp amps. 5y3 rectifier - 2 6V6 power tubes - ( here's the better part) 6SN7 and 6SL7 preamp tubes which have a rounder and darker feel than 12AX7 type tubes.

Pat
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lare Sattler" <lmsattler@xxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 12:53 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] ampeg mercury

I have a chance to pickup an Ampeg Mercury in good shape at a great price, and was curious if anyone has experience with one. My main mic is a Chuck Gurney built black CR bullet. I've heard these amps had similar circuitry to a tweed deluxe. Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks, Lare Sattler The Little Chicago Band Canton Ohio