Re: [Harp-L] bluegrass at SPAH

Salt Creek layed out perfectly in 1st position.  I need to hear that.  Of
course, we may not be talking about the same tune.  The Salt Creek I am
talking about is in the key of A, played AABB, with the following chord
progresion:

A part:  A    D     G     E           A   D   E   A
            I     IV   bVII   V            I    IV   V   I

B part:  A     G     A     G     E     A
             I    bVII    I     bVII   V     I

If your Salt Creek doesn't have that chord progression, we are talking about
different tunes.  Because of the prominence of the bVII chord, 2nd position
would be the only way to get the standard melody, and the bVII in the B part
would prove particularly troublesome.

I hope to meet you sometime and you can show me what you mean.

Cara