Re: [Harp-L] Mark Hummel

Mark is one of those unsung heroes. Aside from his Harmonica Blow Offs, he is a touring workhorse, has been for years. Many great blues side men have come up through his band, only to leave him when hired away by other "bigger" names in the blues harmonica world. In other words, he trained them well.

I know how he is on the road. He really cares about the side men and always makes sure they are well taken care of.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jul 14, 2011 9:52 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Mark Hummel WAS Sugar Ray

SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx wrote:
<for the 13 years I have known Mark Hummel I just don't feel he gets the respect
for putting on these
<shows, it really takes a lot to put on these shows with so many great
performers and band for one special <night.

It sure does, and the shows Hummel puts together are killer.  The opportunity to
hear so many great harp players in one night, backed by a great band, is rare
indeed, and anyone within 50 miles of one of Hummel's shows is well advised to
go.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter