Re: [Harp-L] bluegrass at SPAH

do some magic, negotiate it and get the locals to bring their instruments to SPAH for an on site bluegrass session.

Stuff like this has been done in the past and is not really that difficult to pull off.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cara Cooke <cyberharp@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Bluegrass Harp list <bluegrassharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; harp-l <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Jul 11, 2011 7:50 am
Subject: [Harp-L] bluegrass at SPAH

I have begun communications with a representative of the local bluegrass
association in the Virginia Beach area (Tidewater Bluegrass Association).
While I try to do this every year for the SPAH convention, most of the time
I find that the locals will be out of town to a festival and unavailable
during the convention.  This year, it seems, they will all be at their home
jams -- and they have plenty of home jams throughout the week (
http://www.tidewaterbluegrass.org/jamsessions.html).  If I manage it, I will
visit a Tuesday or Sunday jam, but apparently they have a nice Friday
evening jam, too.  Let me know if you are planning to go to SPAH this year
and you are interested in the local bluegrass jams.  Perhaps we can schedule
a visit.

They do have some local harmonica enthusiasts that I will encourage to
attend the convention, as well.

Cara