[Harp-L] Re: Fraud

Ok Dave let's break down the letter.

<<<"Dera Sir/Madam.>>>

First the sender is illiterate of the English language and use of comma's and periods.

<<<We at IPMS (International Plastic Modelers Society) are tasked with the removal of counterfeit and illegally imported Shure products in and to the UK.
it has come to my attention that you appear to be selling a number of
Shure items on eBay UK. If you are an authorised Shure dealer then you
will be aware that it is a breach of contract to sell genuine Shure
products outside the US.>>>

That say's it all that the person doesn't know what they are talking about. You don't need to be authorized to sell Shure products inside or
outside the US. I buy them through a wholesaler along with most every major brand of microphones. Shure has no control over how much or little I sell them for and if I decide to sell to people outside the US. Nobody has to sign a contract to sell Shure products.

<<<In instances such as this I have written to
sellers similar to you in order that they remove the items from eBay UK
because, in most cercumstances they were not aware of this. Therefore, I
am not going to remove them using the Vero programme at this moment in
time but am willing to allow you 48 hours in which to do so.
Should you require any further information or advice then please do not hesitate to contact me.>>>

The guy's name isn't Steve, it's Dick. He's probably an ebay dealer either inside or outside of the UK that doesn't want competition from you.
I'd report him to ebayUK.

Vero Programme refers to ebayUK's way of identifying misuse of copyrighted material and names. Since the products you are selling are original Shure products and
not asian rip-offs with Shure's name plate you should be ok.

"Michael Easton
www.harmonicarepair.com