RE: [Harp-L] video jitters

Probably when you play in public, nobody really knows for sure if you hit a "bad" part but forced to keep going on.  When making a video, you become your worst critic.  There's nothing wrong with making "takes" until you get it right, but don't be too critical and stop "near the end".  If you have video editing software, you can edit your play and cut out the "bad" section out of the video. Others may have further tips...

JEFF

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of dcarter@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 9:36 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] video jitters

 Hello Harp-l'ers! Anybody got suggestions for overcoming nervousness
when making video. I turn the camera on and all my practice just goes out
the window. It's getting frustrating. I've been in positions in the past
of speaking or playing for others, never got so nervous as to loose focus
and ability to perform the task at hand. I just want to get a good
representation of my playing to share with distant friends & family on
video. Duane

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:   Confidential information, such as identifiable patient health information or business information, is subject to protection under state and federal law.    If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy or disseminate this information.  If you have received this in error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.