  From: EGS1217@xxxxxxx
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [Harp-L] Subject: Instructional Harp video, with Khaen
  Date: Jul 5, 2011 1:11 PM

  Interesting harmonica instructional video...by a guy named Hal
  Walker:

  _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUHZy_8SGMw&feature=related_
  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUHZy_8SGMw&feature=related)

  but what really intrigued me was the introduction of the Khaen from
  Thailand -

  at around 7:06. I've never heard THAT sound before and can't quite
  believe
  such amazing music came out of something which looked as though it
  was
  made from bamboo.

  Anyone have any more info about it?

  Sounded quite brilliant (to my ears, anyway).

  Elizabeth