[Harp-L] tune the higher notes sharper or lower? - Richard Sleigh vs. Pat Missin

Regardless of of the temperament, standard practice is to tune the octaves slightly higher (+2 cents, perhaps).
So, in octave 1, the pitch of the tonic may be "dead on" based on the reference frequency. The next higher
octave will begin +2 cents higher, and so forth.

The idea of tuning the higher notes lower is not really that. Long reeds tend to bend down in pitch more than
higher notes. Consequently, the longer reeds usually are tuned a little higher than reference pitch to compensate
for that effect.

So, the short answer is: both Richard Sleigh and Pat Missin are correct, because they are referencing two different
effects.

HTH,
Crazy (How else would I know THIS?!?) Bob