[Harp-L] price increase and self tunings

I agree with a lot of you about the price increase and the quality of the
out of the box harp.  However, it is almost impossible to please everyone
with one general setting/tuning.  We each have different size mouths,
cavities, long volume and playing style.  What would be nice is if the
Harmonica companies would start building customized harps that have
different settings for different people.  For example; Blues setting, would
get you a air tight harmonica that is embossed, tuned, polished reeds, with
the back side open.

I make custom harps as well and I can tell you ...I am not in it for the
money.  For each harp that I make it takes me about 2hours.  If the harp
manufactures were to slow production down and start making harps the way
you would like, then I could imagine the price to be expensive.

I do not believe that it should be expected for each player to be able to
file and tweak their own harmonicas.  BUT, maybe there should be free
on-line classes offered by the major suppliers on how to do this.

Hopefully with the price increase we will see better quality. Try and stay
positive and lets change the subject  ;-)

Chris