[Harp-L] New Harp Buying Strategy - Was Hohner Price Increases

In light of the fact that we are probably going to soon be seeing $50.00 US
S20's, MB's and GM's and the other manufacturers are likely to follow suit,
will it change anything in your harp buying strategy?  If so, what will you
do?

My answer is that I will buy far fewer new harps.  Typically, when a harp
turned sour or blew out, I would just buy a new one.  But, I have had very
good luck with a local harp tech who consistently does good work and returns
a much better harp than OTB for less than the price of a new harp.  So, when
I buy again, my next new harps will probably be Seydels.  I have avoided
Seydel because of the price but now that Hohner prices are square in their
ballpark, why not buy the Seydel which has a far better reputation for OTB
quality?  Also, Seydel makes (or at least will make) the next harps that I
want, solo tuned but ten hole diatonic sized.  Bottom line, I will buy
buying fewer Hohner products.

Bill Kumpe

Tulsa, OK