Re: [Harp-L] Reading Music

IMO the question should not be whether the ability to read music is
useful or not. It is. But there are other aspects of musicianship that
are much more useful. So for me it's a matter of priority. If, like me,
your goal is to play jazz or bluegass then developing excellent reading
skill is not anywhere near as usefu as developing one's ear and ear-to-
instrument connection.

We learned to talk before we learned to read.

it is nowhere near> Thanks for this "Iceman"