[Harp-L] reading music

Thinking does not get in the way of playing music. I'm working on
Jessica by the Allman Brothers right now. This requires me to read
sheet music and to think..

Will I ever get the song down to the point where I feel comfortable
playing it in performance? I doubt it. But it takes me out of my
comfort zone and makes me play in a way I wouldn't play ordinarily. It
helps me understand how Dickey Betts thought about composition and
melody and that's a good thing.

There is a marvelous time when I play with other musicians and the
music just flows--no thinking, almost a meditation. But to get to that
point requires a lot of thinking.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.myspace.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals