RE: [Harp-L] RP355 Patches
- To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [Harp-L] RP355 Patches
- From: "Peter S..." <p.stris@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 18:59:20 -0900
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date :message-id:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :x-mailer:thread-index:content-language; bh=9d/isQPh+2RTrSf9wFGWktj8NvXLs8c4+IlzRvsQnDM=; b=i9Kk8muOV5OO7xVj+9G4zJwVww1/twSf64x1fKekf57xaJIDNxmqB/sDpK+vBaL+Uw AOO6l/RWIsox19RpgVS+PqIbB3Nv3QPwD5LOa7H5/atpA6wr3h8ivf26y9Vb4sb/y8oX P00mhFxLv7l0jCkTm5vGDgn4BH3f4K9cdY4GA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:thread-index :content-language; b=wfr0S/knFolMlHfY2Q6/+tIhvDr4fzfqrOc5KSnGmbu33DLeclfh+5077QSrUGZuqw QVQnzneyym4UrCH+zy61XGE3S2keAEF5Ht+AyRLBzxGFotxk/46k8oZxE+iyja8L++n0 uLM0j0OhfY+pk3ehzpIKlOi8H040/eWxWqEXI=
- In-reply-to: <11916552.1296445351587.JavaMail.email@example.com>
- References: <11916552.1296445351587.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AcvA+OUzCLRZ7NW4Q36hy34IiIh/yQAAMXIA
Ok, I'll go for the list and invite other comments as well.
It's a mixed bag for me. Partially due to equipment limitations. I was able to play the RP through my stereo and was generally pleased with that sound. But I need to play to music to judge better. Couldn't do both at the same time! I did play it through the K'Zoo with music through the stereo. I found it to be rather muted, lost its punch. If I turned anything up in the RP, I got feedback. So not an optimal test. I played with both patches and with other presets in the RP, tweaking a bit. Then I played with the Zoom some. I have to say that I like the Zoom better than the RP in terms of interface. I like to change things and play immediately. The advantage of the computer interface with the RP is lost with me for that reason.
So all in all, I'm not doing your work justice. I need a clean amp and maybe better feedback control to get comfortable with the RP and your patches. I may give it another go with experiments. I might try playing into the computer since the RP is set up for that. I can then play with music and record myself and judge by listening after the fact.
Thanks for indulging me. I may have more comments in a while.
.....Pete in AK
> -----Original Message-----
> Peter, you're welcome to post where you like.
> What did you play the patches through? If it was the 'zoo, please take
> that into account in your comments. These patches were never designed
> to be played through a 5 watt tube amp.
> On the other hand, if you loved everything you heard, never mind.
> So what do you think?
> Thanks, RH
> -----Original Message-----
> >Hi Richard,
> >Would you prefer I post my initial impressions to the list or to you
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and