[Harp-L] re:Speaking of amp stands

That's common in any country.
When I know we have to rely on a house or concert soundman I ask one of my gigging harp buddies to
be there to make sure the harp is properly mixed. I do it for other harp players as well. I have him tell the soundman that he is with the band and that the
harp needs to come up if needed. I've been lucky in most situations locally but you never know when you play out of town.

We played the Memphis IBC gig a few years ago. Both rooms I played had the harp too low in the mix and we lost points as well as other harp players because of it.
I still want to pummel the crap out of the one sound guy. He was a total prima donna a-hole before, during and after our set. He started ragging on me before
we even plugged in our amps and the whole time we were setting up. I was very close to spending the rest of the night in a Memphis jail.