[Harp-L] Re: Bluegrass

I discovered "Bluegrass" or facsmili's of it, back in the late 70's, played by various bands in local northeast Ohio bars.  Disco was popular, and my friends and I, who were in our early 20's, were looking for alternatives.  Revolving disco-balls didn't look very good in our customized party vans, and the music wasn't right either. It sucked!

The bands played a wide variety of songs made popular by "The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band", Jerry Jeff Walker, Flatt & Scruggs, Jonathan Edwards, John Prine, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Willie Nelson, and many others... I also discovered harmonicas, Norton Buffalo, Charlie McCoy, and the infamous PT Gazell.

Alot of this music just melded well together... we searched out real bluegrass music, and anything with a country flavor to it.

If I was going to call the music something other than "Bluegrass", I would have to call it "Blueweed".

Those were fun times, and I miss those friends and my '74 Dodge Maxi-Van.

Ken H in OH