Re: [Harp-L] Golden Melody

Tuning on Golden Melody is equal temperament, which means the individual notes are more in tune, but the chords sound a little ragged. Special 20 has a different tuning in which the chords sound smoother but a few of the individual notes are a bit on the flat side.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Dekker <jdekker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Jan 24, 2011 6:36 am
Subject: [Harp-L] Golden Melody

Could one of you knowledgeable folks please tell this newbie what the difference
in tuning is between the Golden Melody and, say, the Special 20, and what the
difference may mean is actual playing? Although I am trying to learn blues, I
also like to play melodies of popular songs (using tabs). Thank you.

John Dekker