Re: [Harp-L] re-interest
- To: "Harp- L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] re-interest
- From: "Splash!" <celtiac@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:17:36 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:message-id:from:to:references:subject:date :mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-priority :x-msmail-priority:x-mailer:x-mimeole; bh=wfsPvXLYRNndhXvIdxAuju+BIkjdqzT15e6U+RXsq6E=; b=pZxSdasSc8c0AgCg2TTL/bKHJxuHeLgC4V9K2bBICmos90VP0RI1f/WIxSbnM6GNQF WW+1+sC7doKzjKfuGP3pgLAANtDPUj/DjcQkgQYETNQEmj5o/XwKqFqvVDXfYxhYMgO3 rw+uQgURMevgSr43alevku/tctVNQ3j3UtlXs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:references:subject:date:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-priority:x-msmail-priority :x-mailer:x-mimeole; b=I+mIEasR7a+WvsHwb9SbSuLhXqUBOpSnjM0MRgl8a+5uJSkdhsZH4lo4p9gAVfBpY4 Hn+wWAZVA7gBscUFmdAlBwHODL5fnIt5GzmY/51KRiAk47ziZikua9WzOc+ElTmXnq06 wC+T9udgh+qk+SrEwgCfmp4dIl5k3kb1XqfhY=
- References: <8CD888C669D9B5C-1718-DE22@webmail-m059.sysops.aol.com>
Paul Caruso did it for me when I heard "Belly Button Window" on Cry of Love.
----- Original Message -----
From: "The Iceman" <
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 3:45 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] re-interest
Every so often I get burned out on the blues. Then I find an inspiration.
Early on it was Paul DeLay for contemporary spin. Then I discovered early
Canned Heat. I was wowed by Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac.
My latest "hero" is John Hammond Jr. Having never listened to him during my
formative years, I find a great source of renewed interest in blues through
his interpretations. His sophomore years up to now, he is really a wonderful
harmonica player as well.
Who has inspired you to once again get excited about the blues? (I've
discovered so many artists to listen to through the "L" from discussions
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and