Re: [Harp-L] BLUEgrass

I am a beginner and chromatic player only. I have been playing since
April. I began playing with the intention of first becoming proficient
at bluegrass before moving on to other genres. I played Bluegrass
guitar (prior to hand problems that forced me to retire my guitar) in
jam sessions for about 1 year and guitar in the rock and Jazz setting
for decades. David Naiditch has been an inspiration to me and I want
to thank him for blazing the path he has.

I fully understand that there may be some acceptance issues by the
"purists" attending bluegrass jams but I really don't care as long
as I still get to play. There are enough jam sessions in my area
that enough acceptance can surely be found in at least one of them.

Most importantly I love hearing David's chrom in the bluegrass setting.
I think it is a fabulous addition to the art form. Don't forget it is
an art form despite what the rigid minded would like some to think. So
it can and should be changed.