Re: [Harp-L] Harmonicas and Air Travel

My advice is, Take the train! I fly only when I have to, and I'm lucky to live where there's regular train service. If we had decent public rail transportation, like every other developed country in the world, musicians would never have to worry about traveling with our instruments. I did have to fly a few months ago, though, and I was impressed when one of the TSA workers X-raying my carry-on bag stopped her colleague from detaining me and asked me, "Sir, do you have harmonicas in here?" Lucky she was there, or I'd probably have missed my flight.

Yours for intelligent public transportation,

Jim Crutchfield
Long Island City, NY

Bluebottle: What time is it Eccles?
Eccles: Just a minute. I've got it written down on a piece of paper