Re: [Harp-L] Epiphone mds
- To: John Dekker <jdekker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Epiphone mds
- From: Richard Eisenberg <catketch2@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 07:13:45 -0500
- Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=JR1W9c0OWI7zK0kyISxMAW4U+xZhvXPjHfucKcRwfnk=; b=oQBnWDzYY+U4wzF7Sjyb3QJS7O7NZzaT8VEjCGfBJ7Q8xpw6+KaiSzYK74lkz8RNlN qhxcV+5c/IxigZm3OPcvLWyFW8XvNYoWKVQMby32nqhmGswl4KeHjhTJJXqwttEcaVwv 1grPrpWEwnhxAsNH6et84nzpsj8flIxH0WvGw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=OPwAyhzQV881k3o+Viq343b2mR2rY7KYOKN0qOxnvSdFYHu/xgcQaopb8NLpAChgL/ c9xNFg7O1MlxVBGd1nv0XF3UPeeEBDMLz+Cr7lXEvJYztm5ROu7ySaaAiBQ5FcrepDJT oGhpSzP11+IU5UUDN37PIlgGhgrkE4JfoHphQ=
- In-reply-to: <EAC3BC2DE2D34FE3B7662E5575E193E7@GeriDekkerPC>
- References: <EAC3BC2DE2D34FE3B7662E5575E193E7@GeriDekkerPC>
Yes and yes!
I got a mod kit for my Epiphone Valve Junior, version I, and it made a good
sounding amp sound fantastic! This was not a subtle change for the better
but very profound; all my musician friends agree The mod kit I installed is
found on Ebay,
from Alnicomagnet. They make mod kits for all of the Valve Junior
versions. The key to knowing your particular version is in the serial
I'm not am amp tech, but have soldered some, mostly amateur radio equipment.
It's definitely easy enough to do. I had a tech friend lined up to help if
I got in over my skill level and never needed his help. Alnicomagnet
promptly answered my one emailed question. I STRONGLY recommend this kit.
The instructions are very clear and straightforward, the numerous photos
On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM, John Dekker <jdekker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> Good morning:
> I recently picked up an Epiphone Valve Jr. amp, and i have read here that
> there are some simple modifications that will make the tone even better. Can
> someone tell me what those mods may be, anf if they are simple enough for a
> beginner to do?
> John Dekker
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and