Re: [Harp-L] SP 20 Life Span

Vive la difference and all that, I am amazed that people break reeds playin the blues, and I've been playing mostly sp20's for decades with almost no reeed failures.

Blowing hard occasionally is one thing, dyamics and all, but as I've remarked before, Lil Walter said he only used a teaspoon of air.   I use whole tablespoons, but anyway I know of no harp technique that requires huge airflow, except leaky harps or out-of-wack reeds, both remediable conditions.    Am I missing something?

-Dave "lightweight blowhard" Fertig