Re: [Harp-L] SP 20 Life Span

Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems with the Hohner cases? I have no problem with the SP20 (though it's far from my favorite) but the liner in the cases break free from the case with the least drop. Is it really asking too much for Hohner to use a little more glue, or a better glue. Just my pet gripe for the new year.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aongus Mac Cana" <amaccana@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 4:59 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] SP 20 Life Span

I only have one SP 20 in G and find it (even to my inexpert ear/mouth)
better than "cheapo" alternatives. Rick Epping, whose advice I respect, has
suggested at various harmonica workshops, which I have attended that the
SP20 is a good place to start.
However if you want to try something different, may I suggest a Seydel 1847
with it's stainless steel reeds. I carry my one, which I bought some years
ago in Berlin, constantly in my pocket and so far have failed to "blow it
out". The 1847 is sort of pricey, but maybe Seydel (like Avis used to say
years ago) "try harder".
Beannachtai
Aongus Mac Cana